Town Hall Renovation and Landscaping
The renovated New Canaan Town Hall was officially opened in September 2015. The project included preservation of the original Town Hall, built in 1909 which remains visible from Main Street, and a new addition built behind the original building. The addition includes new office space, meeting rooms, and a new side entrance.
The New Canaan Beautification League donated funds of $50,000 towards the town’s landscaping plan for the Town Hall property. The town planted a sugar maple dedicated to Ben Olmstead, a long time and much loved municipal employee who lost his life in a tragic accident in town. The League plants the two large planters by the side entrance, changing plantings every season. The original entrance and its original planters are also planted every season by the League.